Discrimination and open unemployment in a segmented labour market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton in its series Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics with number 9320.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1993
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Gottfries, Nils & McCormick, Barry, 1995. "Discrimination and open unemployment in a segmented labour market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Gottfries, N. & Mccormick, B., 1990. "Discrimination And Open Unemployment In A Segmented Labour Market," Papers 460, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albert Ma, Ching-to & Weiss, Andrew M., 1993.
"A signaling theory of unemployment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 135-157, January.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "Why is the Unemployment Rate So Very High near Full Employment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(2), pages 339-396.
- Weitzman, Marchin L, 1989. "A Theory of Wage Dispersion and Job Market Segmentation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(1), pages 121-37, February.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 1987. "The Evolution of Unemployment in the United States: 1968 — 1985," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1987, Volume 2, pages 11-68 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grout, Paul A, 1984. "Investment and Wages in the Absence of Binding Contracts: A Nash Bargining Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 449-60, March.
- McCormick, Barry, 1990. "A Theory of Signalling during Job Search, Employment Efficiency, and "Stigmatised" Jobs," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 299-313, April.
- Hamilton, Jonathan & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zenou, Yves, 1999.
"Wage Competition with Heterogeneous Workers and Firms,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2141, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hamilton, Jonathan & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 2000. "Wage Competition with Heterogeneous Workers and Firms," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 453-72, July.
- HAMILTON, Jonathan & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, . "Wage competition with heterogeneous workers and firms," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1463, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- WAUTHY, Xavier & ZENOU, Yves, 1997.
"Efficiency wages, labor heterogeneity and the fInancing of the training cost,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1997072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wauthy, Xavier & Zenou, Yves, 1997. "Efficiency Wages, Labor Heterogeneity and the Financing of the Training Cost," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Paul Frijters, 1997. "Capital scarcities as a reason for high unemployment in the European Union," Macroeconomics 9706002, EconWPA.
- Attila Tasnadi, 2003.
"A way of explaining unemployment through a wage-setting game,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse14_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Tasnadi, Attila, 2005. "A way of explaining unemployment through a wage-setting game," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 191-203, April.
- Zenou, Yves, 2002.
"How do Firms Redline Workers?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3209, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Izquierdo, Alejandro & Fofack, Hippolyte, 2003. "The integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a quantitative macroeconomic framework for the analysis of poverty reduction strategies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3092, The World Bank.
- Robert S. Chase, 2001. "Labor Market Discrimination During Post-Communist Transition: A Monopsony Approach to the Status of Latvia's Russian Minority," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 381, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- P. Frijters, 1997.
"Discrimination and job-uncertainty,"
Labor and Demography
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Lundholm, Michael, 1997.
"Social Norms and Moral Hazard,"
Working Paper Series
1997:28, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 2003. "The mini-integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a framework for analyzing the unemployment and poverty effects of fiscal and labor market reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3067, The World Bank.
- Néria Rodréguez-Planas, 2011. "Displacement, Signaling, and Recall Expectations," Working Papers 550, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Thorn).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.