Productivity Performance in Canada, 1961 to 2008: An Update on Long-term Trends
AbstractBaldwin and Gu (2008) provide an overview of the productivity program at Statistics Canada and a brief description of Canada's productivity performance. This paper provides an update of Canada's productivity performance in more recent years and analyses the sources of weak productivity performance in Canada since 2000.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis in its series The Canadian Productivity Review with number 2009025e.
Date of creation: 04 Aug 2009
Date of revision:
Economic accounts; Productivity accounts;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-08-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2009-08-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SBM-2009-08-16 (Small Business Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wulong Gu & Amélie Lafrance, 2010.
"Productivity Growth in Canadian and U.S. Regulated Industries,"
International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards,
Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 19, pages 50-65, Spring.
- Lafrance, Amelie & Gu, Wulong, 2008. "Productivity Growth in Canadian and U.S. Regulated Industries," The Canadian Productivity Review, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis 2008020e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis.
- Marcello M. EstevÃ£o & Evridiki Tsounta, 2010. "Canada's Potential Growth," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 10/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Someshwar Rao, 2011. "Insights from Latin America for Canada: A Review Article on The Age of Productivity: Transforming Economies from the Bottom Up," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 21, pages 70-81, Spring.
- Marcel Côté, 2012. "Stimulating Innovation: Is Canada Pursuing the Right Policies?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 23, pages 3-16, Spring.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-François Arsenault, 2010. "Investing in Aboriginal Education in Canada: An Economic Perspective," CSLS Research Reports, Centre for the Study of Living Standards 2010-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Kevin Girdharry & Elena Simonova & Rock Lefebvre, 2012. "Investment in Machinery and Equipment is Essential to Canada's Future," Working Papers, Certified General Accountants Association of Canada 120401, Certified General Accountants Association of Canada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.