Qualite de l'education des immigrants dans leur pays d'origine et resultats sur le marche du travail canadien
AbstractDans cet article, on analyse le lien entre la qualite de l'education que les immigrants ont recue dans leur pays d'origine, tel que mesuree par les resultats aux examens internationaux, et leur degre de reussite sur le marche du travail canadien.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques in its series Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche with number 2004234f.
Date of creation: 15 Dec 2004
Date of revision:
Education; training and learning; Education; training and skills; Educational attainment; Employment and unemployment; Ethnic diversity and immigration; Immigrants and non-permanent residents; Integration of newcomers; Labour; Labour market and income; Outcomes of education; Wages; salaries and other earnings;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter S. Li, 2001. "The Market Worth of Immigrants' Educational Credentials," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 27(1), pages 23-38, March.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-38, May.
- Morissette, Rene & Frenette, Marc, 2003. "Convergeront-ils un jour? Les gains des travailleurs immigrants et de ceux nes au Canada au cours des dernieres decennies," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2003215f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Jerik Hanushek & Dennis Kimko, 2006.
"Schooling, Labor-force Quality, and the Growth of Nations,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 154-193.
- Dennis D. Kimko & Eric A. Hanushek, 2000. "Schooling, Labor-Force Quality, and the Growth of Nations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1184-1208, December.
- Paul Gregg & Stephen Machin, 1998.
"Child Development and Success or Failure in the Youth Labour Market,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0397, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Paul Gregg & Stephen Machin, 2000. "Child Development and Success or Failure in the Youth Labor Market," NBER Chapters, in: Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries, pages 247-288 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gregg & Stephen Machin, 1998. "Child development and success or failure in the youth labour market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20261, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alan G. Green & David A. Green, 1995. "Canadian Immigration Policy: The Effectiveness of the Point System and Other Instruments," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 1006-41, November.
- Joseph Schaafsma & Arthur Sweetman, 2001. "Immigrant earnings: age at immigration matters," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1066-1099, November.
- Rachel M. Friedberg, 1996.
"You Can't Take It With You? Immigrant Assimilation and the Portability of Human Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
5837, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Friedberg, Rachel M, 2000. "You Can't Take It with You? Immigrant Assimilation and the Portability of Human Capital," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 221-51, April.
- James Ted McDonald & Christopher Worswick, 1998. "The Earnings of immigrant men in Canada: Job tenure, cohort, and macroeconomic conditions," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(3), pages 465-482, April.
- Ana M. Ferrer & W. Craig Riddell, 2002. "The role of credentials in the Canadian labour market," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 879-905, November.
- Bernt Bratsberg, 2002. "School Quality and Returns to Education of U.S. Immigrants," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(2), pages 177-198, April.
- Arthur Sweetman & Gordon Dicks, 1999. "Education and Ethnicity in Canada: An Intergenerational Perspective," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(4), pages 668-696.
- Mary L. Grant, 1999. "Evidence of New Immigrant Assimilation in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 930-955, August.
- Green, David A. & Craig Riddell, W., 2003. "Literacy and earnings: an investigation of the interaction of cognitive and unobserved skills in earnings generation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 165-184, April.
- James Heckman & Anne Layne-Farrar & Petra Todd, 1995. "Does Measured School Quality Really Matter? An Examination of the Earnings-Quality Relationship," NBER Working Papers 5274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James & Layne-Farrar, Anne & Todd, Petra, 1996. "Human Capital Pricing Equations with an Application to Estimating the Effect of Schooling Quality on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 562-610, November.
- Hou, Feng & Picot, Garnett & Coulombe, Simon, 2007. "Le faible revenu chronique et la dynamique du faible revenu chez les nouveaux immigrants," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2007294f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.