Public Transit Use Among Immigrants
AbstractThis paper examines the likelihood of immigrants and the Canadian-born to use public transit. It also discusses implications for public transit services. It uses data from the 1996 and 2001 censuses of Canada.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch in its series Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series with number 2004224e.
Date of creation: 13 May 2004
Date of revision:
Commuting to work; Ethnic diversity and immigration; Immigrants and non-permanent residents; Integration of newcomers; Labour; Labour market and income; Transportation; Transportation by road;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-TUR-2006-02-05 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-02-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lovejoy, Kristin & Handy, Susan, 2011. "Social networks as a source of private-vehicle transportation: The practice of getting rides and borrowing vehicles among Mexican immigrants in California," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 248-257, May.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias G., 2011.
"Neighborhood diversity and the appreciation of native- and immigrant-owned homes,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 214-226, May.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Mathias G. Sinning, 2009. "Neighborhood Diversity and the Appreciation of Native- and Immigrant-Owned Homes," Ruhr Economic Papers, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen 0137, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias, 2009. "Neighborhood Diversity and the Appreciation of Native- and Immigrant-Owned Homes," IZA Discussion Papers 4464, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Mathias G. Sinning, 2009. "Neighborhood Diversity and the Appreciation of Native- and Immigrant-Owned Homes," CEPR Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University 624, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Blumenberg, Evelyn, 2008. "Immigrants and transport barriers to employment: The case of Southeast Asian welfare recipients in California," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Smart, Michael J., 2014. "A volatile relationship: The effect of changing gasoline prices on public support for mass transit," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 178-185.
- Kristin Lovejoy & Susan Handy, 2008. "A case for measuring individuals’ access to private-vehicle travel as a matter of degrees: lessons from focus groups with Mexican immigrants in California," Transportation, Springer, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 601-612, August.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Walke, Adam G., 2012. "Border zone mass transit demand in Brownsville and Laredo," MPRA Paper 42990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Chatman, 2014. "Explaining the “immigrant effect” on auto use: the influences of neighborhoods and preferences," Transportation, Springer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 441-461, May.
- Cathy Yang Liu & Gary Painter, 2010. "Travel Behavior among Latino Immigrants: The Role of Ethnic Neighborhoods and Ethnic Employment," Working Paper, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate 8516, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Evelyn Blumenberg & Michael Smart, 2010. "Getting by with a little help from my friends…and family: immigrants and carpooling," Transportation, Springer, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 429-446, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.