Factors Determining the Success or Failure of Canadian Establishments on Foreign Markets: A Survival Analysis Approach
AbstractThis paper uses the 1993 to 2000 Exporter Registry of Statistics Canada to study the factors determining the success or exit of Canadian establishments on foreign markets. The survival analysis model is adopted to study the survival and hazard rates of exporting establishments, with the Cox proportional hazards regression used for the econometric analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch in its series Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series with number 2004220e.
Date of creation: 05 May 2004
Date of revision:
International trade; Merchandise exports; Trade patterns;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-02-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-INT-2006-02-05 (International Trade)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Persson, Maria & Gullstrand, Joakim, 2013.
"How to Combine High Sunk Costs of Exporting and Low Export Survival,"
Working Paper Series, Research Institute of Industrial Economics
962, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gullstrand, Joakim & Persson, Maria, 2012. "How to Combine High Sunk Costs of Exporting and Low Export Survival," Working Papers, Lund University, Department of Economics 2012:32, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Sui, Sui & Yu, Zhihao, 2012. "The Pattern of Foreign Market Entry of Canadian Exporters," MPRA Paper 41176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stirbat, Liviu & Record, Richard & Nghardsaysone, Konesawang, 2013. "Determinants of export survival in the Lao PDR," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 6301, The World Bank.
- Harris, Richard I.D. & Li, Qian Cher, 2008. "Export-market dynamics and the probability of firm closure: Evidence for the UK," SIRE Discussion Papers, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE) 2008-28, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Richard I.D. Harris & Qian Cher Li, . "Export-market dynamics and the probability of firm closure: Evidence for the UK," Working Papers, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow 2008_17, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.