Economic growth and corporate renewal
AbstractTo address competition from Emerging and Industrialized Countries it is necessary for Italian companies to face structural and financial reforms. Structural reforms will affect and improve processes, products. They will upgrade knowledge transfer. At the same time, financial reforms are necessary to adjust firms’ dimensions with what markets and international competition require. A movement in the right direction is the rise of innovative medium firms. These corporations are spreading through affiliation networks which improve the systemic efficiency and that are responsible for the progressive deep changes in the industry. Italy’s growth strategy will call for appropriate industrial policies and supported by a widespread socioeconomic consensus.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management in its series Working Papers with number 201101.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2011
Date of revision:
internationalization; technological change; international trade; emerging countries.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gaetano Esposito).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.