More on Testing Exact Rational Expectations in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models: Restricted Drift Terms
AbstractIn this note we consider testing of a type of linear restrictions implied by rational expectations hypotheses in a cointegrated vector autoregressive model for I(1) variables when there in addition is a restriction on the deterministic drift term.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Department of Statistics Norway in its series Discussion Papers with number 348.
Date of creation: Apr 2003
Date of revision:
VAR model; cointegration; restricted drift term; rational expectations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-06-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2003-06-04 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars Peter Hansen & Thomas J. Sargent, 1981. "Exact linear rational expectations models: specification and estimation," Staff Report 71, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Johansen, Soren & Swensen, Anders Rygh, 1999. "Testing exact rational expectations in cointegrated vector autoregressive models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 73-91, November.
- Engsted, Tom, 2002. " Measures of Fit for Rational Expectations Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 301-55, July.
- West, Kenneth D., 1989. "Estimation of linear rational expectations models, in the presence of deterministic terms," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 437-442, November.
- Baillie, R.T., 1988. "Econometric Tests Of Rationality And Market Efficiency," Papers 8805, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Pereira, Pedro Luiz Valls, 2009.
"Testing the long-run implications of the expectation hypothesis using cointegration techniques with structural change,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
175, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Marçal, Emerson F. & Valls Pereira, Pedro L. & Abbara, Omar, 2009. "Testing the long-run implications of the expectation hypothesis using cointegration techniques with structural change," MPRA Paper 15624, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J Bruusgaard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.