Diversity and network coherence as indicators of interdisciplinarity: Case studies in bionanoscience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex in its series SPRU Working Paper Series with number 167.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Jubilee Building G08, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9SL
Phone: +44 (0)1273 686758
Fax: +44 (0)1273 685865
Web page: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru
More information through EDIRC
Interdisciplinary research; nanotechnology; nanoscience; diversity; indicators; network analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andy Stirling, 2007. "A General Framework for Analysing Diversity in Science, Technology and Society," SPRU Working Paper Series 156, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Luis Sanz-Menéndez & Mar�a Bordons & M Angeles Zulueta, 2001. "Interdisciplinarity as a multidimensional concept: its measure in three different research areas," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 47-58, April.
- Tijssen, Robert J. W., 1992. "A quantitative assessment of interdisciplinary structures in science and technology: Co-classification analysis of energy research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 27-44, February.
- D’Este,Pablo & Llopis,Oscar & Yegros,Alfredo, 2013. "Conducting pro-social research: cognitive diversity, research excellence and awareness about the social impact of research," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201303, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Berna Beyhan & M. Teoman Pamukçu, 2011. "Nanotechnology research in Turkey: A university-driven achievement," STPS Working Papers 1107, STPS - Science and Technology Policy Studies Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jul 2011.
- Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Vargas, Juan, 2010. "Proliferation dynamics in new sciences," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1034-1050, October.
- Ismael Rafols & Loet Leydesdorff & Alice O'Hare & Paul Nightingale & Andy Stirling, 2011.
"How Journal Rankings can suppress Interdisciplinary Research – A Comparison between Innovation Studies and Business & Management,"
DRUID Working Papers
11-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Rafols, Ismael & Leydesdorff, Loet & O’Hare, Alice & Nightingale, Paul & Stirling, Andy, 2012. "How journal rankings can suppress interdisciplinary research: A comparison between Innovation Studies and Business & Management," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1262-1282.
- Mario Coccia & Ugo Finardi, 2012. "Groundbreaking technological applications of nanotechnology in biomedicine: detecting emerging pathways from scientific and technological outputs," CERIS Working Paper 201207, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Diego Chavarro & Puay Tang & Ismael Rafols, 2013. "Interdisciplinarity and research on local issues: evidence from a developing country," SPRU Working Paper Series 2013-14, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Ismael Rafols & Alan Porter & Loet Leydesdorff, 2009. "Overlay Maps of Science: a New Tool for Research Policy," SPRU Working Paper Series 179, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.