New Perspectives in Sports Economics: A European View
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists in its series Working Papers with number 0605.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Szymanski & Ron Smith, 1997. "The English Football Industry: profit, performance and industrial structure," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 135-153.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1994. "Politicians and Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 995-1025, November.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Wladimir Andreff & Paul D. Staudohar, 2000. "The Evolving European Model of Professional Sports Finance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(3), pages 257-276, August.
- Roger Noll, 2002. "The Economics of Promotion and Relegation in Sports Leagues: The Cases of English Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 169-203, May.
- Thomas Hoehn & Stefan Szymanski, 1999. "The Americanization of European football," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 203-240, 04.
- Stephen Hall & Stefan Szymanski & Andrew S. Zimbalist, 2002. "Testing the Causality between Team Performance and Payroll: The Cases of Major League Baseball and English Soccer," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 149-168, May.
- Nicolas Eber, 2002. "Credibility and Independence of the World Anti-doping Agency: A Barro-Gordin-Type Approach to Antidoping Policy," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 90-96, February.
- Fort, Rodney, 2000. "European and North American Sports Differences(?)," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 431-55, September.
- Nicolas EBER & Jacques THÃ‰POT, 1999. "Doping in Sport and Competition Design," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1999044, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-19, Nov.-Dec..
- Sylos Labini,Paolo, 2001. "Underdevelopment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588690, 9.
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-46, June.
- Jean-Baptiste Dherbecourt & Bastien Drut, 2009.
"Who will go down this year? The Determinants of Promotion and Relegation in European Soccer Leagues,"
Working Papers CEB, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles
09-038.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jean-Baptiste Dherbecourt & Bastien Drut, 2009. "Who will go down this year ? The Determinants of Promotion and Relegation in European Soccer Leagues," EconomiX Working Papers 2009-40, University of Paris West - Nanterre la DÃ©fense, EconomiX.
- Michela Pierini, 2011. "Diritti Tv E Competitive Balance Nel Calcio Professionistico Italiano," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 7(2), pages 87-113, September.
- Rebeggiani, Luca & Tondani, David, 2006. "Organisational Forms in Professional Cycling - Efficiency Issues of the UCI Pro Tour," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-345, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.