Empleo y desempleo entre los adultos mayores argentinos
AbstractThis paper provides an analysis of the work participation of people aged 60 and above residing in urban areas in Argentina, from data specially processed from the Encuesta Permanente de Hogares for the third quarter of 2009. With this purpose, emphasis is made on the main occupation among those who work and the last occupation among those who are unemployed. The collection of pension benefits is evaluated, together with the intensity of occupation at different ages in the occupational groups that have a majority of employed senior citizens. The article shows the duality of the profile of employed senior citizens since among men with a very low, low and medium level of education the main occupations were Construction, Direct Marketing, Industrial and Artisan Production, Transportation, Management of Microenterprises, Repair of Consumer Goods, Administrative Management, Planning and Control, Several Social Services and Civil Surveillance and Security. In turn, among women with the same levels of education, the main occupations were Domestic and Non-Domestic Cleaning Services, Direct Marketing, Administrative Management, Planning and Control, Industrial and Artisan Production, Health and Healthcare, Care Giving and Gastronomic Services. On the other side, among those with a higher level of education, the main occupations were Education, Health, Management of Small and Medium Enterprises, Administrative Management and Marketing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Estudios Laborales y del Desarrollo Económico (IELDE) - Universidad Nacional de Salta - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Jurídicas y Sociales in its series Working Papers with number 7.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2011
Date of revision:
Labor force participation; Aging; Retirement benefit; Aged people.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Courtney Coile, 2003.
"Retirement Incentives and Couples' Retirement Decisions,"
NBER Working Papers
9496, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coile Courtney, 2004. "Retirement Incentives and Couples' Retirement Decisions," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30, July.
- Peracchi, Franco & Welch, Finis, 1994. "Trends in Labor Force Transitions of Older Men and Women," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 210-42, April.
- Stock, James H & Wise, David A, 1990.
"Pensions, the Option Value of Work, and Retirement,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1151-80, September.
- James H. Stock & David A. Wise, 1988. "Pensions, The Option Value of Work, and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 2686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blau, David M, 1994. "Labor Force Dynamics of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 117-56, January.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva, 2000. "Micro Determinants of Labor Force Status Among Older Americans," Department of Economics Working Papers 00-07, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Courtney Coile & Jonathan Gruber, 2000. "Social Security and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 7830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ing. Miguel A. Soto López).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.