New Estimates of Labour, Capital and Multifactor Productivity Growth and Levels for Canadian Provinces at the Three-digit NAICS Level, 1997-2007
AbstractThis report presents new estimates of the levels and growth rates of labour, capital and multifactor productivity for the Canadian provinces by industry for the 1997-2007 period at the market sector, two-digit, and three-digit NAICS industry levels. Also, estimates of the sources of labour productivity growth (capital intensity, labour quality, and multifactor productivity) are presented. Furthermore, this report examines the labour productivity gap between the provinces and the Canadian average. The report closes with a provincial and industry-level perspective on Alberta‘s relative productivity performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for the Study of Living Standards in its series CSLS Research Reports with number 2010-06.
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gu, Wulong & Baldwin, John R. & Yan, Beiling, 2007. "User Guide for Statistics Canada's Annual Multifactor Productivity Program," The Canadian Productivity Review 2007014e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-Francois Arsenault, 2009. "New Estimates of Multifactor Productivity Growth for the Canadian Provinces," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 18, pages 25-37, Spring.
- Gu, Wulong & Baldwin, John R. & Yan, Beiling, 2008. "Relative Multifactor Productivity Levels in Canada and the United States: A Sectoral Analysis," The Canadian Productivity Review 2008019e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis.
- Gu, Wulong & Baldwin, John R., 2007. "Multifactor Productivity in Canada: An Evaluation of Alternative Methods of Estimating Capital Services," The Canadian Productivity Review 2007009e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis.
- Ricardo de Avillez, 2011. "A Detailed Analysis of the Productivity Performance of the Canadian Primary Agriculture Sector," CSLS Research Reports 2011-06, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Whitney Hamilton) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Whitney Hamilton to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.