The Role of Labour Market Information for Adjustment: International Comparisons
AbstractLabour Market Information (LMI) is a policy instrument that governments use to coordinate labour market adjustments. Many approaches are utilized in the provision of this information in OECD countries. This report examines approaches in five OECD countries (Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States and Australia) in order to assess their efficiency in facilitating adjustments in labour markets. This report finds that although Canada has well developed labour market information mechanisms, further efforts should be made by the Canadian government to improve our labour market information delivery system. In particular, attempts should be made to simplify information content, improve users’ awareness, and tailor information to the needs of users, in order to ensure that our extensive information system facilitates labour market adjustments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for the Study of Living Standards in its series CSLS Research Reports with number 2006-03.
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- P50 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - General
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-14 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Murray, 2010. "The State of Knowledge on the Role and Impact of Labour Market Information: A Survey of the International Evidence," CSLS Research Reports 2010-05, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Whitney Hamilton) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Whitney Hamilton to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.