The political economy of trade policy in Indonesia
AbstractThis paper focuses on Indonesia's trade policies after the economic crisis. It examines the trend towards protection and addresses the issues of competitiveness. The concluding part briefly discusses Indonesia's policies on and involvement in free trade agreements (FTAs), which have recently proliferated in the Asia Pacific region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Jakarta, Indonesia in its series CSIS Economics Working Paper Series with number WPE092.
Date of creation: Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Indonesia; political economy; trade policy; economic crisis; free trade agreement;
Other versions of this item:
- Hadi Soesastro & M. Chatib Basri, 2005. "The Political Economy of Trade Policy in Indonesia," Trade Working Papers 22033, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2005-06-05 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2005-06-05 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Chatib Basri & Hal Hill, 2004. "Ideas, Interests and Oil Prices: The Political Economy of Trade Reform During Soeharto's Indonesia," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 633-655, 05.
- Hada Soesastro & Haryo Aswicahyono & Dionisius A. Narjoko, 2007.
"Economic Reforms in Indonesia After The 1997/98 Economic Crisis,"
EABER Working Papers
21861, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hadi Soesastro & Haryo Aswicahyono & Dionisius A. Narjoko, 2006. "Economic Reforms in Indonesia after the 1997/98 Economic Crisis," EABER Working Papers 21831, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- M. Chatib Basri & Arianto Patunru, 2006.
"Survey Of Recent Developments,"
Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 295-319.
- Arianto Patunru & Christian von Luebke, 2010. "Survey of recent developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 7-31.
- Hadi Soesastro & M. Chatib Basri, 1998. "Survey of Recent Developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 3-54.
- Haryo Aswicahyono & Hal Hill & Dionisius Narjoko, 2010.
"Industrialisation after a Deep Economic Crisis: Indonesia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(6), pages 1084-1108.
- Haryo Aswicahyono & Dionisius Narjoko & Hal Hill, 2008. "Industrialization after a Deep Economic Crisis: Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2008-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Kelly Bird & Hal Hill & Sandy Cuthbertson, 2008.
"Making Trade Policy in a New Democracy after a Deep Crisis: Indonesia,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7), pages 947-968, 07.
- Kelly Bird & Sandy Cuthbertson & Hal Hill, 2007. "Making Trade Policy in a New Democracy after a Deep Crisis: Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2007-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Aswicahyono, Haryo & Bird, Kelly & Hill, Hal, 2009. "Making Economic Policy in Weak, Democratic, Post-crisis States: An Indonesian Case Study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 354-370, February.
- Hossain, Akhand Akhtar, 2009. "Structural change in the export demand function for Indonesia: Estimation, analysis and policy implications," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 260-271.
- Basri, Muhammad Chatib, 2013. "A Tale of Two Crises: Indonesia’s Political Economy," Working Papers 57, JICA Research Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arya B. Gaduh) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Arya B. Gaduh to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.