Flux d’aides et d’investissements directs étrangers en provenance de l’union Européenne et croissance économique dans les grands pays de la zone franc
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to assess the relative impact of aid and foreign direct investment (FDI) flows received from the European Union (EU) on the GDP of the large countries of the CFA zone. An error correction model is used based on the data of a panel. Estimated results show that, contrary to aid flows, foreign direct investment (FDI) coming from the EU does not have significant effects on the GDP of the large countries of the CFA zone. In addition, it appears that flows of FDI received from the rest of the world affect positively and significantly the GDP of this sample of country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 09-07.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Aide; IDE; croissance économique;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000.
"Aid, Policies, and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Brewer, Thomas L., 1991. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries : patterns, policies, and prospects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 712, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luc Savard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.