Entrepreneurship in Russia
AbstractThis paper presents an account of the environment faced by entrepreneurs in Russia. In section one we give a brief introduction to the country which is followed by the overview of a public policy on small and medium enterprises in the next section. The current state of SMEs and some particularities of the entrepreneurial environment are discussed in section three, whereas section four focuses on the prospects of internationalisation of Russian SMEs. In section five we draw some conclusions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL CHANGE IN EUROPE,School of Slavonic and East European Studies,University College London (SSEES,UCL) in its series Working Papers with number 88.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Russia; SMEs; Entrepreneurship; Entrepreneurship barriers; Government policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arnis Sauka, 2008. "Productive, Unproductive and Destructive Entrepreneurship: A Theoretical and Empirical Exploration," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp917, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Zoltan Imre Nagy, 2012. "Modern Forms of Business in Professional Football," DANUBE: Law and Economics Review, European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 2, pages 1-18, June.
- Djula Borozan, 2007. "The Need For Entrepreneurhsip Development: The Case Of The City Of Osijek," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2011.
"Which Institutions Encourage Entrepreneurs to Create Larger Firms?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2011. "Which Institutions Encourage Entrepreneurs to Create Larger Firms?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maksim Belitski & Julia Korosteleva, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and cities: evidence from the post-communist world," ERSA conference papers ersa11p288, European Regional Science Association.
- Aidis, Ruta & Estrin, Saul & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2009.
"Entrepreneurial Entry: Which Institutions Matter?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7278, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maksim Belitski & Julia Korosteleva, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Cities: Evidence from the Post-communist World," WIFO Working Papers 397, WIFO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gerry, Christopher J.) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Gerry, Christopher J. to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.