In an Individually Funded Pension System: How Can Risks Be Mitigated?
AbstractThis article presents the main risks that have to be faced in an individually funded pension system and describes the regulations that enable these to be mitigated in the case of Chile. One of these main risks refers to the investment of the funds and an analysis is made of the support that a life-cycle investment strategy might provide in this respect. On evaluating these strategies, there is discussion as to which is the most suitable risk measurement for consideration..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Superintendencia de Pensiones in its series Working Papers with number 36.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision: Feb 2010
DC pension schemes; portfolio choice; pension risk; age-based investment strategies; risk sharing; risk based supervisión.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Solange Berstein & Andrea Tokman, 2005. "Brechas de ingreso entre géneros: ¿Perpetuadas o exacerbadas en la vejez?," Working Papers 8, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Jul 2005.
- Berstein, Solange & Chumacero, Rómulo, 2010.
"VaR Limits for Pension Funds: An Evaluation,"
22574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco Pino & Solange Berstein & Guillermo Larraín, 2006. "Chilean Pension Reform: Coverage Facts and Policy Alternatives," JOURNAL OF LACEA ECONOMIA, LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Francisco J. Gomes & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Luis M. Viceira, 2008.
"Optimal Life-Cycle Investing with Flexible Labor Supply: A Welfare Analysis of Life-Cycle Funds,"
NBER Working Papers
13966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco J. Gomes & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Luis M. Viceira, 2008. "Optimal Life-Cycle Investing with Flexible Labor Supply: A Welfare Analysis of Life-Cycle Funds," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 297-303, May.
- Blake, David & Cairns, Andrew J. G. & Dowd, Kevin, 2003.
"Pensionmetrics 2: stochastic pension plan design during the distribution phase,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 29-47, August.
- David Blake & Andrew J. G. Cairns & Kevin Dowd, 2003. "Pensionmetrics 2: stochastic pension plan design during the distribution phase," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24830, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Blake, David & Cairns, Andrew J. G. & Dowd, Kevin, 2001. "Pensionmetrics: stochastic pension plan design and value-at-risk during the accumulation phase," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 187-215, October.
- Solange Berstein, 2011. "Implementación de la Reforma Previsional en Chile," Working Papers 45, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Apr 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andres Otero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.