Kritisk realisme og post keynesianisme
AbstractIn the history of economic thought Post Keynesianism offers a different inter-pretation of John Maynard Keynes’s General Theory than what is known as mainstream Keynesianism. One of the fundamentals of Post Keynesianism in this regard is the statement that the economic universe of Keynes can not be understood correctly if one does not take the methodology of Keynes into ac-count. According to at least some of the Post Keynesians we ought to let our methodology to be inspired by what is called critical realism. This paper tries to give a discussion of this kind of methodology and of its possible connection to the writings of Keynes. And finally, has Post Keynesianism reached a kind of coherence that makes it reasonable to characterise this group of economists as a theoretical research programme in the Lakatosian sense of the term?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics in its series Working Papers with number 75/07.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2007
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernard Walters & David Young, 1999. "Is Critical Realism the Appropriate Basis for Post Keynesianism?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 105-123, October.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 1999. "Post Keynesian Economics and Realist Philosophy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 71-103, October.
- Tony Lawson, 1999. "Connections and Distinctions: Post Keynesianism and Critical Realism," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 3-14, October.
- Edward J. McKenna & Diane C. Zannoni, 1999. "Post Keynesian Economics and Critical Realism: A Reply to Parsons," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, October.
- Hamouda, Omar F & Harcourt, G C, 1988. "Post Keynesianism: From Criticism to Coherence?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Tony Lawson, 1994. "The Nature of Post Keynesianism and Its Links to Other Traditions: A Realist Perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(4), pages 503-538, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulla H. Oehlenschläger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.