Lange and his 1938-contribution – An early Keynesian?
AbstractIn February 1936 John Maynard Keynes gave birth to modern macroeconomics when he published The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. In some ways Oskar Lange was seemly also very critical of mainstream neoclassi-cal thinking although known as a working marginalist for the greater part of his life. In this note we try to identify what Lange might have had so say of Keynesian nature especially in an important contribution from 1938. I would like to thank Danuta Tomczak, Oestfold University College Remmen, Halden, Norway, and Heine Ruppert, Department of Environmental and Busi-ness Economics, for comments to an earlier draft of this paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics in its series Working Papers with number 74/06.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2007-02-24 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2007-02-24 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-02-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2007-02-24 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arestis, Philip, 1996. "Post-Keynesian Economics: Towards Coherence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-35, January.
- Paul Davidson, 1984. "Reviving Keynes's Revolution," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 6(4), pages 561-575, July.
- Paul Davidson, 1996. "Reality and Economic Theory," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 18(4), pages 479-508, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulla H. Oehlenschläger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.