Conservation Reserve Program in South Dakota: Major Findings from 2007 Survey of South Dakota CRP Respondents
AbstractThis report contains the major findings from a survey of South Dakota CRP contract holders which is a major component of an SDSU research project on the ?Impact of CRP (Conservation Reserve Program) Acres in South Dakota Being Put Back Into Production.? The major objectives of the research are: 1) to estimate the number of acres of CRP land that are likely to revert back to crop production, their location, and estimated crop mix on those acres; and 2) to determine the main factors that influence post-CRP land use decisions. The primary data source for examining these objectives is a survey completed by 753 CRP contract holders in South Dakota. Additional information can also be found in a companion report on the economic impact of post-CRP land use changes in South Dakota using IMPLAN analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by South Dakota State University, Department of Economics in its series Research Reports with number 200801.
Length: 58 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2008
Date of revision:
Conservation reserve program; CRP; land use;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taylor, Gary & Janssen, Larry, 2008. "The Economic Impact of CRP Acres in South Dakota Returning to Crop Production," Staff Papers 080004, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Davis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.