Uncertainty and Irreversible Investment : A Bayesian approach of DSGE models
AbstractDynamic stochastic general equilibrium models have begun to dominate the field of macroeconomic theory and policy making. In this paper, I present the first estimation results of investment expenditure for the french economy, applying the bayesian estimation approach of DSGE models. first, I will present the forward looking DSGE model. The DSGE model is defined and first order conditions are identified. The second section sketches the bayesian estimation methodology (solving the model with linear approximations). Then, I describe results on a quarterly french dataset. The model provides an good description of the dynamics of the series.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 with number 460.
Date of creation: 04 Jul 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.