Testing the impact of disaggregated investment on Economic growth
AbstractThis paper investigates the link between different disaggregating of investment and economic growth based on the exogenous growth model in order to shed light on which type of disaggregated investment can better promote economic growth in the Cyprus economy. We employed multivariate cointegration and causality techniques for analysing a disaggregated investment version of the Augmented Solow Growth model, which basically embodies investment in the tourism sector and investment in the non-tourism sector by adopting the framework introduced by Mankiw et al. (1992), by Benhabib and Spiegel (1994), and Temple (1998)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 with number 370.
Date of creation: 04 Jul 2006
Date of revision:
Disaggregating investment; exogenous growth; co-integration analysis; small island economies; Cyprus;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.