Transition Economy Convergence in a Two-Country Model
AbstractThis paper presents the core of a two-country dynamic general equilibrium model of a transition economy. There are two countries in the model: an advanced economy and an emerging economy, which converges to its more advanced counterpart. The model concentrates on modeling goods and capital flows along an equilibrium balanced path of the convergence process. The model incorporates heterogeneous firms and the notion of trade costs and an endogenous â€˜tradeness of goodsâ€™ in the spirit similar to the recent models of international economics. While almost all of such international-economics models analyze steady-states equilibia of the world of symmetric countries, the contribution of the paper is to develop a simulation model, which would help policymakers in understanding the endogenous changes during transition in trade, external position, and income balances in a consistent dynamic general equilibrium framework of the two-country-world with asymmetric countries
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 with number 154.
Date of creation: 04 Jul 2006
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruha, Jan & Podpiera, Jirí, 2007.
"Inquiries on dynamics of transition economy convergence in a two-country model,"
Working Paper Series
0791, European Central Bank.
- Jiri Popiera & Jan Bruha, 2007. "Inquiries on Dynamics of Transition Economy Convergence in a Two-Country Model," 2007 Meeting Papers 587, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jane Bogoev & Sultanija Bojceva Terzijan & Balazs Egert & Magdalena Petrovska, 2008.
"Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights,"
2008-01, National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
- Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena, 2008. "Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 2(18), pages 1-19.
- Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena, 2007. "Real exchange rate dynamics in Macedonia: Old wisdoms and new insights," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-37, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Bruha, Jan & Podpiera, Jirí, 2007. "Transition economy convergence in a two-country model: implications for monetary integration," Working Paper Series 0740, European Central Bank.
- Lombardo, Giovanni & Vestin, David, 2008.
"Welfare implications of Calvo vs. Rotemberg-pricing assumptions,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 275-279, August.
- Lombardo, Giovanni & Vestin, David, 2007. "Welfare implications of Calvo vs. Rotemberg pricing assumptions," Working Paper Series 0770, European Central Bank.
- Jan Bruha & Jiri Podpiera & Stanislav PolÃ¡k, 2007.
"The Convergence Dynamics of a Transition Economy: The Case of the Czech Republic,"
IMF Working Papers
07/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Bruha, Jan & Podpiera, Jirí & Polák, Stanislav, 2010. "The convergence dynamics of a transition economy: The case of the Czech Republic," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 116-124, January.
- Manganelli, Simone & Wolswijk, Guido, 2007. "Market discipline, financial integration and fiscal rules: what drives spreads in the euro area government bond market?," Working Paper Series 0745, European Central Bank.
- Juraj Antal & Frantisek Brazdik & Jan Bruha & Martin Fukac & Adrian Pagan & Jiri Podpiera & Stanislav Polak & Yuliya Rychalovska, 2008. "CNB Economic Research Bulletin: Inflation Targeting and DSGE Models," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 2, volume 6, number rb06/2 edited by Juraj Antal & Jan Babecky.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.