Asymptotic Inference for Nonstationary Fractionally Integrated Processes
AbstractThis paper studies the asymptotics of nonstationary fractionally integrated (NFI) multivariate processes with memory parameter d > 0.5 . We provide conditions to establish a functional central limit theorem and weak convergence of stochastic integrals for NFI processes under the assumption that the innovations are linear processes. Several applications of these results are given. More specifically, we prove the rates of convergence of the OLS estimators of cointegrating vectors in triangular representations. When the regressors are strongly exogenous with respect to the corresponding parameters of the cointegrating vector, then the limiting OLS distribution is a mixture of normals from which standard inference can be implemented. On the other hand, we also extend Sims, Stock and Watson's (1990) study on estimation and hypothesis testing in vector autoregressions with integrated processes and deterministic components to the more general fractional framework. We show how their main conclusions remain valid when dealing with NFI processes, namely, that whenever a block of coefficients can be written as coefficients on zero mean I(0) regressors in a model that includes a constant term, they will have a joint asymptotic normal distribution, so that the corresponding restrictions can be tested using standard asymptotic chi-squared distribution theory. Otherwise, in general, the associated statistics will have nonstandard limiting distributions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 with number 513.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1999
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-07-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-1999-07-12 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-1999-07-12 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krämer, Walter & Marmol, Francesc, 1998. "OLS-based asymptotic inference in linear regression models with trending regressors and AR(p)-disturbances," Technical Reports 1998,43, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.