A contractive method for computing the stationary solution of the Euler equation
AbstractA contractive method for computing stationary solutions of intertemporal equilibrium models is provided. The method is implemented using a contraction mapping derived from the first-order conditions. The deterministic dynamic programming problem is used to illustrate the method. Some numerical examples are performed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 with number 21.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2002
Date of revision:
contractive method; stationary solutions; Euler equation;
Other versions of this item:
- Humberto Moreira & Wilfredo Maldonado, 2003. "A contractive method for computing the stationary solution of the Euler equation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(1), pages 1-14.
- Moreira, Humberto Ataíde & Maldonado, Wilfredo L., 2002. "A Contractive Method for Computing the Stationary Solution of the Euler Equation," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 456, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Wilfredo Maldonado & Humberto Moreira, 2001. "A contractive method for computing the stationary solution of the Euler Equation," Textos para discussÃ£o 451, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2003. "The political economy of economic integration in the Americas: Latin American interests," Textos para discussÃ£o 468, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.