Agent-Based Simulation of C2C Internet Auctions with Online Escrow
AbstractOnline Escrow is emerging as an effective services to secure online trades in C2C Internet auctions. An online escrow service provider acts as a middle man in the exchange of goods and payment to protect tradersÌ benefit from Internet fraud. The ongoing research presented in this paper is to develop an agent-based distributed experimental system to simulate the online C2C auctions with online escrow. As a methodological exploration, the project is to verify whether software agents could replace human subjects for e-commerce experiments, with the parameters calibrated from the latter.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 with number 268.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/conference/SCE2001/SCE2001.html
More information through EDIRC
online escrow; intelligent agent; C2C e-commerce; auction simulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.