Stochastic Consistent Expectations Equilibria
AbstractRecently the notion of consistent expectations equilibria (CEE) was introduced in a non-linear deterministic framework with expectational feedback. Along a CEE the sample mean and sample autocorrelations of realizations of the non-linear system coincide with the mean and autocorrelations corresponding to the linear forecasting rules agents are using. Along a CEE expectations are thus self-fulfilling in a linear statistical sense. In this paper the CEE concept is generalized to a non-linear stochastic framework. A stochastic CEE occurs when the non-linear stochastic system has an invariant measure with mean and (auto)co-variances that coincide with the mean and (auto)co-variances of the linear stochastic process agents believe in. Steady state, 2-cycle as well as chaotic stochastic CEE will be discussed. Convergence of OLS and sample autocorrelation learning to these different CEE will also be discussed. Applications to the cobweb and the OLG model will be given.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 with number 188.
Date of creation: 05 Jul 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CEF 2000, Departament d'Economia i Empresa, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Ramon Trias Fargas, 25,27, 08005, Barcelona, Spain
Fax: +34 93 542 17 46
Web page: http://enginy.upf.es/SCE/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Cars Hommes, 2001. "Stochastic Consistent Expectations Equilibria," CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance PO1, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Potzelberger, Klaus & Sogner, Leopold, 2003. "Stochastic equilibrium: learning by exponential smoothing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1743-1770, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.