La produzione domestica: il valore aggiunto generato dalle famiglie
AbstractThe role of households in the non market production and the importance of the household production has come topical in the last few years as a result of studies on the measurement of economic well-being of society. Non-market household production covers the goods and services household members produce for their own consumption by combining their unpaid labour and goods and services they acquire on the market. The value added generated by these activities is excluded from conventional macro-economic aggregates. Then there is a need to promote the construction of a satellite account of household production by extending the analysis to non market household activities made. The sorts of variations in the basic concepts regards a different production boundary, an enlarged concept of consumption or capital formation, an extension of the scope of assets, and so on. Using those alternative concepts may give rise to partial complementary aggregates, the purpose of which is to supplement the central system. This paper presents a satellite account of the informal household production for Italy in 2002 and it try to highlight the relevant results that can be drown for policy use.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics in its series Working Papers with number 155.
Date of creation: Oct 2012
Date of revision:
household satellite account; National Accounts; unpaid domestic work;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C18 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Methodolical Issues: General
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luisa Giuriato).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.