Detecting a cluster in a region without complete statistical data, using Input-Output analysis: The case of the Rioja wine cluster
AbstractIn recent times the role of wine in regional economies has been a major political issue, highlighting the importance of measuring accurately the multiplier effect of wine in regions with large wine sectors. This paper provides a case study of how to construct vital parts of an Input-Output table for a region without complete statistics, and how to use them thereafter to interpret the economic structure of the region. This methodology may be adapted to other wine clusters, and to related clusters, such as brewing and distilling
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm in its series CRIEFF Discussion Papers with number 0706.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9AL
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462438
Web page: http://crieff.wordpress.com/
More information through EDIRC
Wine; Rioja; cluster; Input-Output; regional economy.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- Q19 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-08-08 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2007-08-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bram Boskamp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.