Estimation and Econometric Tests Under Simultaneous Price and Output Uncertainty
AbstractThis paper extends the existing estimation methods to allow empirical estimation and hypothesis testing under simultaneous price and output uncertainty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm in its series CRIEFF Discussion Papers with number 0302.
Date of creation: Feb 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9AL
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462438
Web page: http://crieff.wordpress.com/
More information through EDIRC
Estimestimating equations; hypotheses testing; output uncertainty; price uncertainty; utility.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-06-14 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Pope, Rulon D, 1980. "The Generalized Envelope Theorem and Price Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 75-86, February.
- Satyanarayan, Sudhakar, 1999. "Econometric tests of firm decision making under dual sources of uncertainty," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 315-325, July.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk," Staff General Research Papers 10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Holt, Matthew T, 1996. "Economic Behavior under Uncertainty: A Joint Analysis of Risk Preferences and Technology," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 329-35, May.
- Moawia Alghalith & Ricardo Lalloob, 2012. "A General Empirical Model of Hedging," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Alghalith, Moawia & Guo, Xu & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2013. "Input Demand under Joint Energy and Output Prices Uncertainties," MPRA Paper 52368, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alghalith, Moawia & Dalal, Ardeshir, 2009. "The choice between multiplicative and additive production uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1129-1133, September.
- Qiujie Zheng & C. Richard Shumway, 2008. "Washington Biofuel Feedstock Crop Supply Analysis," Working Papers 2008-24, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Elie Appelbaum & Aman Ullah, 1996.
"Estimation of moments and production decisions under uncertainty,"
1996_9, York University, Department of Economics.
- Elie Appelbaum & Aman Ullah, 1997. "Estimation Of Moments And Production Decisions Under Uncertainty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 631-637, November.
- Alghalith, Moawia, 2006. "Risk preferences under price uncertainties and production risk: A note," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 387-390, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2005:i:15:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bram Boskamp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.