Sunspots and Credit Frictions
AbstractWe examine a general equilibrium model with collateral constraints and increasing returns to scale in production. The utility function is nonseparable, with no income effect on the consumer¡¯s choice of leisure. Unlike this model without a collateral constraint, we find that indeterminacy of equilibria is possible. Hence, business cycles can be driven by self-fulfilling expectations. This is the case for more realistic parametrizations than in previous, similar models without these features.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis in its series CDMA Working Paper Series with number 1001.
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9AL
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462444
Web page: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/cdma
More information through EDIRC
Business cycles; Credit markets; Collateral Constraint; Sunspots.;
Other versions of this item:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-01-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DGE-2010-01-23 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2010-01-23 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nutahara, Kengo, 2010.
"Asset prices and monetary policy in a sticky-price economy with financial frictions,"
24113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- NUTAHARA Kengo, 2010. "Asset Prices and Monetary Policy in a Sticky-Price Economy with Financial Frictions," Discussion papers 10060, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Costas Azariadis & Leo Kaas, 2012.
"Self-fulfilling credit cycles,"
2012-047, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Costas Azariadis & Leo Kaas, 2012. "Self-Fulfilling Credit Cycles," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-16, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bram Boskamp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.