What Are Migration Networks?
AbstractMigration networks are usually captured by the number of people from the migrant's country in the host region. Using Mexican migration data, we analyze the effects of the usual network variable and two additional origin-village-specific variables on migrants' location choice.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rutgers University, Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 200016.
Date of creation: 23 Aug 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: New Jersey Hall - 75 Hamilton Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1248
Phone: (732) 932-7482
Fax: (732) 932-7416
Web page: http://snde.rutgers.edu/Rutgers/wp/rutgers-wplist.html
More information through EDIRC
immigration; location choice; networks;
Other versions of this item:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Darvish-Lecker, Tikva, 1990. "Externalities in migration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 185-191, June.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2002. "Do Enclaves Matter in Immigrant Adjustment?," IZA Discussion Papers 449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & George Groenewold & Tineke Fokkema, 2005.
"Remittances and their Effect on Emigration Intentions in Egypt, Morocco and Turkey,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
05-030/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dalen, H.P. van & Groenewold, G. & Fokkema, T., 2005. "Remittances and their effect on emigration intentions in Egypt, Morocco, and Turkey," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3107483, Tilburg University.
- Myriam Baron & Patrice Caro & Cathy Perret, 2003. "Mobilités géographiques étudiantes et qualifications des territoires : quelques disparités régionales," Post-Print halshs-00109499, HAL.
- Nadiya Ukrayinchuk & Hubert Jayet, 2011. "Immigrant location and network effects: the Helvetic case," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 313-333, July.
- Talat Mahmood & Klaus Schömann, 2003. "On the Migration Decision of IT-Graduates: A Two-Level Nested Logit Model," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-22, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Klaus Nowotny & Dieter Pennerstorfer, 2011.
"Ethnic Networks and the Location Choice of Migrants in Europe,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Nowotny, Klaus & Pennerstorfer, Dieter, 2012. "Ethnic Networks and the Location Choice of Migrants in Europe," Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2012-7, University of Salzburg.
- Stephen Drinkwater, 2003. "Go West? Assessing the willingness to move from Central and Eastern European Countries," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0503, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Florence Kondylis, 2008. "Conflict displacement and labor market outcomes in post-war Bosnia & Herzegovina," HiCN Working Papers 45, Households in Conflict Network.
- Dennis Görlich & Christoph Trebesch, 2008.
"Seasonal Migration and Networks—Evidence on Moldova’s Labour Exodus,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 144(1), pages 107-133, April.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks : evidence on Moldova's labour exodus," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 4282, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Giulia Lamattina, 2008. "Conflict Migration and Social Networks: Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 98(6), pages 161-194, November-.
- Marcus Dittrich & Wolfgang Gerstenberger & Beate Grundig & Gunther Markwardt & Carsten Pohl & Heinz Schmalholz & Marcel Thum, 2004. "Demographische Entwicklung im Freistaat Sachsen : Analyse und Strategien zum Bevölkerungsrückgang auf dem Arbeitsmarkt ; Gutachten im Auftrag der Sächsischen Staatskanzlei," ifo Dresden Studien, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 36.
- Kondylis, Florence, 2010. "Conflict displacement and labor market outcomes in post-war Bosnia and Herzegovina," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 235-248, November.
- Florence Kondylis, 2007. "Conflict-Induced Displacement and Labour Market Outcomes: Evidence from Post-War Bosnia and Herzegovina," CEP Discussion Papers dp0777, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dimitar Nikoloski & Ljupcho Pechijareski & Goran Pechijareski, 2012. "The role of the alternative labour market adjustment mechanisms in Macedonia during the economic crisis," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 101, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Talat Mahmood & Klaus Schömann, 2002. "The Determinants of the Migration Decision of IT-graduates from Pakistan: Empirical Evidence for the Design of a German "Green Card"," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-03a, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Mahmood, Talat & Schömann, Klaus, 2009. "The decision to migrate: A simultaneous decision making approach," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Competition and Innovation SP II 2009-17, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Talat Mahmood & Klaus Schömann, 2002. "Die Determinanten der Migrationsentscheidung von IT- Hochschulabsolventen aus Pakistan -Empirische Befunde zur Ausgestaltung der deutschen "Green Card"," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-03, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Klaus Nowotny, 2011.
"Welfare Magnets, Taxation and the Location Decisions of Migrants to the EU,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Klaus Nowotny, 2011. "Welfare Magnets, Taxation and the Location Decisions of Migrants to the EU," ERSA conference papers ersa11p133, European Regional Science Association.
- Thierry Warin & Andrew Blakely, 2009.
"Choice or Mimetism in the Decision to Migrate? A European Illustration,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Warin Thierry & Blakely Andrew, 2012. "Choice or Mimetism in the Decision to Migrate? A European Illustration," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-32, June.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny & Julia Bock-Schappelwein, 2010. "Qualification Structure, Over- and Underqualification of the Foreign Born in Austria and the EU," FIW Research Reports series II-008, FIW.
- Talat Mahmood & Klaus Schömann, 2003. "On the Migration Decision of Indian IT-Graduates: An Empirical Analysis," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-23, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.