Rewiring Business Firms through an Entrepreneurial-Oriented Strategy Making
AbstractStrategic entrepreneurship which merges strategic management and entrepreneurship is an essential formula for a good business. An entrepreneurial mindset (opportunity seeking) augurs well for effective strategy making (advantage seeking) to caution against uncertainty. Hence, companies must align their business along strategic entrepreneurship. Companies can sustain their business by plotting a strategy making that pays off on their entrepreneurial orientation. This research aims to provide answer to such by looking at strategy making along 5Ps: plan, position, pattern, perspective and ploy and mapping them out with the dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to wit: innovativeness, proactiveness, risk taking, competitive aggressiveness, and autonomy. Thereby, propositions of relational constructs that stand on a firm grounding of literature are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its series Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium with number 08/499.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-04-04 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2008-04-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-PPM-2008-04-04 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Dalvir Samra-Fredericks, 2003. "Strategizing as Lived Experience and Strategists' Everyday Efforts to Shape Strategic Direction," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 141-174, 01.
- Wassim Aloulou & Alain Fayolle, 2005. "A Conceptual Approach Of Entrepreneurial Orientation Within Small Business Context," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(01), pages 21-45.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Morgan, Robert E. & Strong, Carolyn A., 2003. "Business performance and dimensions of strategic orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 163-176, March.
- N. Venkatraman, 1989. "Strategic Orientation of Business Enterprises: The Construct, Dimensionality, and Measurement," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 942-962, August.
- Kisfalvi, Veronika, 2002. "The entrepreneur's character, life issues, and strategy making: A field study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 489-518, September.
- Andersen, Torben Juul, 2004. "Integrating the Strategy Formation Process:: An International Perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 263-272, June.
- Knight, Gary A., 1997. "Cross-cultural reliability and validity of a scale to measure firm entrepreneurial orientation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 213-225, May.
- Robert A. Burgelman, 1983. "Corporate Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management: Insights from a Process Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(12), pages 1349-1364, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.