Convergence between the Romanian and the EU RD/I Systems
AbstractThe globalisation of economy and communications, quick technological progress and its social implications led to the creation of the European Research Area, an important objective for the convergence of national RD&I systems. The monitoring of convergence process is achieved, since 2000, through a system of indicators, developed and refined every year, in order to make them consistent with new trends and requirements for relevant and systemic expression of the progress made in the RD&I field, in relation to both inputs and outputs and RD&I contribution as a determinant factor of improving national and European competitiveness. This paper analyses the progress made in the last six years in achieving the convergence of European RD&I systems, the factors that have accelerated or slowed down the process, laying the stress on Romania’s position in closing the gaps that separate it from European average and from the leaders in this area. For this purpose, we tested a model for estimating the degree of convergence of the Romanian RD&I system with the EU27 system by the clustering method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic Research in its series Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research with number 090601.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2009
Date of revision:
European Research Area (ERA); convergence of RD&I systems; innovation gaps; clustering;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-06-03 (European Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2009-06-03 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gheorghe ZAMAN & Zizi Goschin, 2012. "Industrial R&D Investment In Eu: Recent Trends And Lessons For Romania," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 34(1(43)), pages 68-83, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.