Knowledge Management And Its Impact On Education And Lifelong Learning
AbstractNowadays knowledge and its strategic applications have become a major source of competitive advantage for organizations, regions and countries. According to the Complexity science approach KM regards to join all the capabilities (called by some authors “core competences”) such as to contribute for acquiring, creating, sharing, diffusing, utilizing, and storing knowledge among organizational members. Knowledge management seems to be one of the major factors for an organization long-run sustainable development and it plays a crucial role in developing a sustained competitive advantage for organizations, especially in a complex and dynamic environment. We consider the results of our study just a starting point for possible future theoretical and empirical investigations. This paper seeks to develop in Romania a framework of knowledge internalization based on the learning cycle theory. We appreciate that such a study could be quite a useful approach for both the academic and business communities in our country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, Academy of Economic Studies and National Defence University "Carol I", Department for Management of the Defence Resources and Education in its series Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Knowledge Management: Projects, Systems and Technologies,Bucharest, November 12-13 2010 with number 4.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2010
Date of revision:
knowledge management; competitive advantage; education; lifelong learning; investment in education; knowledge-based society.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-01-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2011-01-16 (Education)
- NEP-KNM-2011-01-16 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angel de la Fuente, 2003.
"Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
576.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," Working Papers 70, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 562.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mogos Radu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.