AbstractI will sketch the history of the so-called turnpike theorems and describe some interesting recent developments regarding them. I will also discuss the attempt to apply the ideas of turnpike theorems in the literature of optimal capital accumulation to the theory of competitive equilibrium over time. Finally I will make some remarks on the relations of this literature to some recent developments in the theory of economic growth which are often referred to comprehensively as the New Growth Theory.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER) in its series RCER Working Papers with number 447.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Rochester, Center for Economic Research, Department of Economics, Harkness 231 Rochester, New York 14627 U.S.A.
MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS ; THEORY ; MATHEMATICS;
Other versions of this item:
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriel Mihalache).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.