Government Borrowing using Bonds with Randomly Determined Returns : Welfare Improving Randomization in the Context of Deficit Finance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER) in its series RCER Working Papers with number 287.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Rochester, Center for Economic Research, Department of Economics, Harkness 231 Rochester, New York 14627 U.S.A.
financial market ; credit ; taxes;
Other versions of this item:
- Smith, Bruce D. & Villamil, Anne P., 1998. "Government borrowing using bonds with randomly determined returns: Welfare improving randomization in the context of deficit finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 351-370, April.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988.
"Randomization with Asymmetric Information,"
NBER Working Papers
2507, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clotfelter, Charles T & Cook, Philip J, 1990. "On the Economics of State Lotteries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 105-19, Fall.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1992.
"Deficits, Inflation, and the Banking System in Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree of Financial Repression,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 767-90, October.
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1990. "Deficits, Inflation, And The Banking System In Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree Of Financial Repression," RCER Working Papers 214, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Weir, David R., 1989. "Tontines, Public Finance, and Revolution in France and England, 1688–1789," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(01), pages 95-124, March.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1982.
"Self-selection and Pareto efficient taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 213-240, March.
- Villamil, Anne P., 1988. "Price discriminating monetary policy : A nonuniform pricing approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 385-392, April.
- Cooley, Thomas F & Smith, Bruce D, 1993. "A Theory of Optimal Denominations for Government Liabilities," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 597-623, October.
- Bryant, John & Wallace, Neil, 1984. "A Price Discrimination Analysis of Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 279-88, April.
- Mauro Guillén & Adrian Tschoegl, 2002.
"Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 219-231, June.
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2001. "Banking on Gambling: Banks and Lottery-Linked Deposit Accounts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Stephanie Bell, 2000. "Functional Finance: What, Why, and How?," Macroeconomics 0004031, EconWPA.
- Gottardi, Piero, 1995. "Does sunspot monetary policy matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(3-4), pages 297-303, March.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Bruce D. Smith, 2003.
"The social value of risk-free government debt,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 03-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Stephanie Bell, 1999. "Functional Finance: What, Why, and How?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_287, Levy Economics Institute, The.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriel Mihalache).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.