Banking risk management in the context of financial-economic crisis
AbstractThe risk can have a considerable impact on the value of the bank, an impact as such (usually under the form of losses directly supported), as well as an induced impact caused by the effects on the customers, staff, partners and even on bank authority. Bank risk can be defined as a phenomenon that can appear during bank operations development and that can provoke negative effects on respective activities, through deteriorating the businesses quality, through profit diminishing or even loss recording. A global management of risks must ensure to the banking company the possibility to identify and appraise, control the risks, diminish their influence and not lastly, to finance the risks. Global management of banking risks must be a component of banking management system and must be used in this respect.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein in its series Papers with number 2009/40.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 16 Jun 2009
Date of revision:
banking risk; management of risks; performances; banking management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-07-03 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2009-07-03 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brindusa Covaci).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.