The Romanian's loan agreement with IMF and EC
AbstractAs it is very known, in the 2009 spring, Romania took the decision to take a loan, an important amount, from the international financial bodies, in order to support the currency and the local economy, overall. Further negotiations, which began unwieldy, rising controversies even between political parties which constitute the governance coalition (PDL and PSD), Romania is almost ready to sign the loan agreement, at the end of May current year, waiting that the first trenches to be available for being drawn.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein in its series Papers with number 2009/1.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 28 May 2009
Date of revision:
loan agreement; IMF / International Monetary Fund; Romanian external debt; Exchange rate; Wages; Loans in foreign currency.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2009-06-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-06-17 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2009-06-17 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brindusa Covaci).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.