But Who Will Guard the Guardians?
AbstractA pre-recorded version of Leonid Hurwicz' Prize Lecture was presented on 8 December 2007 at Aula Magna, Stockholm University. The lecture was introduced by Professor Jorgen Weibull, Chairman of the Economics Prize Committee.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Nobel Prize Committee in its series Nobel Prize in Economics documents with number 2007-3.
Length: 1 pages
Date of creation: 08 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nobelprize.org
Other versions of this item:
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-05-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2008-05-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-05-05 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Theodore Groves & John Ledyard, 1976.
"Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the 'Free Rider Problem',"
144, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Groves, Theodore & Ledyard, John O, 1977. "Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the "Free Rider" Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 783-809, May.
- Calsamiglia, Xavier, 1977. "Decentralized resource allocation and increasing returns," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 263-283, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ariane Lambert-Mogiliansky & Mukul Majumdar & Radner Roy, 2007.
"Strategic analysis of petty corruption with an intermediary,"
PSE Working Papers
- Ariane Lambert-Mogiliansky & Mukul Majumdar & Roy Radner, 2009. "Strategic analysis of petty corruption with an intermediary," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 45-57, April.
- Lambert-Mogiliansky, Ariane & Majumdar, Mukul & Radner, Roy, 2008. "Strategic Analysis of Petty Corruption with an Intermediary," Working Papers 08-11, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Guha, Brishti, 2012. "Who will monitor the monitors? Informal law enforcement and collusion at Champagne," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 261-277.
- Martin Shubik, 2011.
"The Present and Future of Game Theory,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
786969000000000173, David K. Levine.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2011. "Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 20-34, June.
- Brousseau, Eric & Garrouste, Pierre & Raynaud, Emmanuel, 2011.
"Institutional changes: Alternative theories and consequences for institutional design,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 3-19.
- Brousseau, Eric & Garrouste, Pierre & Raynaud, Emmanuel, 2011. "Institutional changes: Alternative theories and consequences for institutional design," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 3-19, June.
- Jorge Iván González, 2008. "Hurwicz y el juez de última instancia," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 10(19), pages 115-129, July-Dece.
- Cabral, Sandro & Lazzarini, Sérgio G., 2010. "Guarding the Guardians: An Analysis of Investigations against Police," Insper Working Papers wpe_202, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Yahya Madra & Fikret Adaman, 2013. "Neoliberal reason and its forms:Depoliticization through economization," Working Papers 2013/07, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Fikret Adaman & Yahya M. Madra, 2012. "Understanding Neoliberalism as Economization: The Case of the Ecology," Working Papers 2012/04, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00531464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Eric & Shubik, Martin, 2011. "Endogenizing the provision of money: Costs of commodity and fiat monies in relation to the value of trade," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 508-530.
- John R. Boyce & David M. Bruner, 2009. "Good Fences Make Good Neighbors: Endogenous Property Rights in a Game of Conflict," Working Papers 09-05, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.