Quantile Estimates for Social Returns to Education in Turkey: 2006-2009
AbstractAugmenting a Mincerian earnings function with regional data we estimate both private and external returns to education in Turkey using Instrumental Variables, Ordinary Least Squares, Quantile Regression and Instrumental Variables Quantile Regression methods. Our results indicate a median external return between 1.5% and 2.3% for 2006-2009. There is some evidence supporting the skill-biased technical change hypothesis. External returns are uniformly higher for women. We point out some policy implications.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Galatasaray University Economic Research Center in its series GIAM Working Papers with number 13-10.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 18 Jul 2013
Date of revision:
human capital; externalities; returns to education; instrumental quantile regression; growth;
Other versions of this item:
- Ozan Bakis & Nurhan Davutyan & Haluk Levent & Sezgin Polat, 2013. "Quantile Estimates For Social Returns To Education In Turkey: 2006–2009," Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(03), pages 1350017-1-1.
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Renginar Senses Dayangac).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.