Hedge Accounting Within Ias 39
AbstractThis work proposes an accounting calculation scheme for hedging swaps based on the requirements listed under International Accounting Statement (IAS) 39. In particular we developed a procedure that assists risk managers in the identification of the hedging efficiency between a group of loans (or bonds) and swaps held in a bank portfolio qualifying for hedge accounting. The proposed scheme aims at associating to any given swap of the bank portfolio, a certain collection of loans (or bonds) whose risk exposures offset each other. The final result is the construction of a number of hedges that are effective according to IAS 39.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Investment Bank, Economics Department in its series Economic and Financial Reports with number 2002/2.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 100, boulevard Konrad Adenauer, L-2950 Luxembourg
Phone: (+352) 43 79 1
Fax: (+352) 43 79 68 895
Web page: http://www.eib.org/efs/
More information through EDIRC
Accounting; IAS 39; International Accounting System 39; swap; Hedge;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stewart, James, 2010. "The UK National Infrastructure Plan 2010," EIB Papers 6/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Helm, Dieter, 2010. "Infrastructure and infrastructure finance: The role of the government and the private sector in the current world," EIB Papers 5/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Estache, Antonio, 2010. "Infrastructure finance in developing countries: An overview," EIB Papers 8/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Engel, Eduardo & Fischer, Ronald & Galetovic, Alexander, 2010.
"The economics of infrastructure finance: Public-Private Partnerships versus public provision,"
2/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2010. "The economics of infrastructure finance: Public-private partnerships versus public provision," Documentos de Trabajo 276, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Bitsch, Florian & Buchner, Axel & Kaserer, Christoph, 2010. "Risk, return and cash flow characteristics of infrastructure fund investments," EIB Papers 4/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Inderst, Georg, 2010. "Infrastructure as an asset class," EIB Papers 3/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Fay, Marianne & Iimi, Atsushi & Perrissin-Fabert, Baptiste, 2010. "Financing greener and climate-resilient infrastructure in developing countries - challenges and opportunities," EIB Papers 7/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Wagenvoort, Rien & de Nicola, Carlo & Kappeler, Andreas, 2010. "Infrastructure finance in Europe: Composition, evolution and crisis impact," EIB Papers 1/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Bunea-Bontaş, Cristina Aurora, 2009. "Basic Principles of Hedge Accounting," MPRA Paper 17072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Schumacher).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.