Innovative Integration in Tourism
AbstractThe differentiation of tourism destinations depends on the innovative integration of local cultural and natural characteristics of the territory into the regional touristic supply. A panel data model is used to identify – and to confirm – the influence of these “new” conditions for sustainable tourism development in the regional attractiveness in Southwest Europe, between 2003 and 2008. Other “traditional conditions” are also taken into consideration, namely those related to infrastructures and economic conditions. The work includes a critical literature review on the regional tourism systems, their relation with regional systems of innovation and the contribution of natural and cultural assets for the differentiation of tourism destinations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve in its series Spatial and Organizational Dynamics Discussion Papers with number 2013-3.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 13 Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Algarve, Faculty of Economics, Campus de Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal, email of President of the Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +351 289 244 406
Web page: http://www.cieo.pt/
More information through EDIRC
Tourism; Innovation; Differentiation; Nature; Heritage; Region;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-03-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2013-03-09 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2013-03-09 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TUR-2013-03-09 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-03-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Fernandes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.