The 2030 Architecture of Association of Southeast Asian Nations Free Trade Agreements
AbstractThis paper investigates and analyzes the present status, potential, and prospects of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) free trade agreements (FTAs). The move towards the ASEAN Economic Community by 2015 and the attempts to broaden FTAs in East Asia present major challenges to ASEAN. Ultimately, it is desirable for ASEAN to draw a clear picture of how the architecture of ASEAN FTAs in 2030 can be given shape.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank Institute in its series ADBI Working Papers with number 419.
Length: 46 pages
Date of creation: 26 Apr 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 3-2-5, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku,, Tokyo 100-6008, Japan
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
nafta; trade; free trade agreements; fta; regional integration; asean; asean economic community; aec;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2013-05-11 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2013-05-11 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kazunobu HAYAKAWA & Daisuke HIRATSUKA & Kohei SHIINO & Seiya SUKEGAWA, 2009.
"Who Uses Free Trade Agreements?,"
DP-2009-22, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Erlinda M. Medalla & Josef T. Yap, 2008. "Policy Issues for the ASEAN Economic Community : the Rules of Origin," Trade Working Papers 22015, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Park, Innwon, 2008.
"Regional Trade Agreements in East Asia: Will They Be Sustainable?,"
5068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Innwon Park, 2009. "Regional Trade Agreements in East Asia: Will They Be Sustainable? ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 169-194, 06.
- Yap, Josef T. & Medalla, Erlinda M., 2008. "Policy Issues for the ASEAN Economic Community: the Rules of Origin," Discussion Papers DP 2008-18, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Erlinda M. Medalla & Josef T. Yap, 2008. "Policy Issues for the ASEAN Economic Community : the Rules of Origin," Trade Working Papers 22666, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chirathivat, Suthiphand, 2004. "East Asia FTA: economic modalities, prospects and further implications," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 889-910, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hugh Davis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.