Deepening Association of Southeast Asian Nations’ Financial Markets
AbstractThe paper discusses the financial landscape of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), a region engaged in building an economic community (a “single market and production base”) by 2015. In particular, it reviews where ASEAN’s financial markets and institutions now stand and suggests possible ways in which they might be developed further to meet the aspirations of the region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank Institute in its series ADBI Working Papers with number 414.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 02 Apr 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 2-5, Kasumigaseki 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
asean; economic community; single market; financial markets; regional cooperation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro & Remolona, Eli M., 2012. "Going Regional: How to Deepen ASEAN's Financial Markets," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 300, Asian Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hugh Davis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.