Overlooked Opportunity: Tradable Business Services, Developing Asia, and Growth
AbstractThis paper argues that developing Asia is overlooking an opportunity for increased growth and development through trade in business services. Developing Asia would benefit from liberalizing services trade as it has benefited from liberalizing goods trade. This argument rests on these key findings: business services are important for growth, developing Asia is relatively under- endowed with business services, many business services are tradable, and developing Asia has relatively high barriers to services trade.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank in its series ADB Economics Working Paper Series with number 326.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 31 Jan 2013
Date of revision:
services; trade barriers; Asia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Susan M. Torres).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.