A gerência recente do endividamento público brasileiro
AbstractWe use two frameworks to analyze the recent Brazilian public debt management. The first one encompasses the Brazilian optimal public debt management analysis through the examination of the correlations among the main variables to which the public debt is indexed. The second seeks to address the consequences of recent Brazilian economic policies, such as international reserves accumulation through sterilized interventions by the Central Bank and excessive capitalization of federal financial institutions. Those policies have important, albeit often ignored, fiscal impacts, which became important to determine the current size, maturity and composition of the public debt stock.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil) in its series Textos para discussão with number 595.
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rua Marquês de São Vicente, 225, 22453-900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Phone: 021 35271078
Fax: 021 35271084
Web page: http://www.econ.puc-rio.br
More information through EDIRC
optimal public debt management; Brazil; public bonded debt. Jel Codes: H63; E58;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- pub - - - - - -
- bon - - - - - -
- deb - - - - - -
- Jel - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- Cod - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1979.
"On the Determination of the Public Debt,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-71, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 2002.
"Optimal Management of Indexed and Nominal Debt,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Fernando Lefort & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Serie (ed.), Indexation, Inflation and Monetary Policy, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 5, pages 135-150
Central Bank of Chile.
- Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Optimal Management of Indexed and Nominal Debt," NBER Working Papers 6197, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Barro, 2003. "Optimal Management of Indexed and Nominal Debt," CEMA Working Papers 496, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Robert Barro, 1998. "Optimal Management of Indexed and Nominal Debt," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 26, Central Bank of Chile.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Áureo Nilo de Paula, 1999. "Uma nota sobre a composição ótima da dívida pública - reflexões para o caso brasileiro," Textos para discussÃ£o 411, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1983.
"Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in an economy without capital,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-93.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in an Economy Without Capital," Discussion Papers 532, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Missale, Alessandro, 1999. "Public Debt Management," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290858.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan David Ostry, 2007.
"International Evidence on Fiscal Solvency: Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?,"
IMF Working Papers
07/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Ostry, Jonathan D., 2008. "International evidence on fiscal solvency: Is fiscal policy "responsible"?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 1081-1093, September.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry, 2007. "International Evidence on Fiscal Solvency: Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?," NBER Working Papers 12947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Jeanne & Romain Rancière, 2011.
"The Optimal Level of International Reserves For Emerging Market Countries: A New Formula and Some Applications,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(555), pages 905-930, 09.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Rancière, Romain, 2008. "The Optimal Level of International Reserves For Emerging Market Countries: A New Formula and Some Applications," CEPR Discussion Papers 6723, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bohn, Henning, 1991. "Time consistency of monetary policy in the open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 249-266, May.
- Roberto Rigobon & Marcio Garcia, 2004. "A Risk Management Approach to Emerging Marketâ€™s Sovereign Debt Sustainability with an application to Brazilian data," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 24, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.