Avoiding some costs of inflation and crawling toward hyperinflation: the case of the Brazilian domestic currency substitute
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil) in its series Textos para discussão with number 326.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Dec 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rua Marquês de São Vicente, 225, 22453-900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Phone: 021 35271078
Fax: 021 35271084
Web page: http://www.econ.puc-rio.br
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Garcia, Marcio G. P., 1996. "Avoiding some costs of inflation and crawling toward hyperinflation: The case of the Brazilian domestic currency substitute," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 139-159, October.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eliana Cardoso, 1991. "From Inertia to Megainflation: Brazil in the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 3585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Narayana Kocherlakota & Deborah Lucas, 1989.
"The Variability of Velocity in Cash-In-Advance Models,"
NBER Working Papers
2891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Kocherlakota, Narayana R & Lucas, Deborah, 1991. "The Variability of Velocity in Cash-in-Advance Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 358-84, April.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Drazen, Allan & Helpman, Elhanan, 1990.
"Inflationary Consequences of Anticipated Macroeconomic Policies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 147-64, January.
- Allan Drazen & Elhanan Helpman, 1991. "Inflationary Consequences of Anticipated Macroeconomic Policies," NBER Working Papers 2006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cysne, Rubens Penha, 1993. "Imposto Inflacionário e Transferências Inflacionárias no Brasil," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 219, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Don Patinkin, 1993. "Israel's Stabilization Program of 1985, or Some Simple Truths of Monetary Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 103-128, Spring.
- Fischer, Stanley & Summers, Lawrence H, 1989. "Should Governments Learn to Live with Inflation?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 382-87, May.
- Bruno, Michael & Fischer, Stanley, 1990. "Seigniorage, Operating Rules, and the High Inflation Trap," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 353-74, May.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, January.
- Wilson Luiz Rotatori, 2006. "Dynamic Structural Models And The High Inflation Period In Brazil: Modelling The Monetary System," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 44, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 2002. "Public debt management, monetary policy and financial institutions," Textos para discussÃ£o 464, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Afonso S. Bevilaqua & Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 1999. "Banks, domestic debt intermediation and confidence crises: the recent Brazilian experience," Textos para discussÃ£o 407, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Albuquerque, Pedro H. & Gouvea, Solange, 2009.
"Canaries and vultures: A quantitative history of monetary mismanagement in Brazil,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 479-495, April.
- Pedro H. Albuquerque & Solange Gouvea, 2005. "Canaries and Vultures: A Quantitative History of Monetary Mismanagement in Brazil," Development and Comp Systems 0511027, EconWPA.
- Jérôme Sgard, 2010. "Money Reconstructed: Argentina and Brazil after Hyperinflation," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4vc7skecu3q, Sciences Po.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.