Credit risk and Basel II: Are non-profit firms financially different?
AbstractWe estimate a model of credit risk for portfolios of Small and Medium-sized enterprises, conditional on being a non-profit or for-profit firms. The estimation is based on a unique dataset on Italian firms provided by a large commercial bank. We show that the main variables to identify creditworthiness are different for non-profit andcrucial for non-profit firms. Classification-JEL: G21, G28
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis in its series Working Paper Series with number 30-07.
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision: Jul 2007
SME finance; Basel II; Retail banking; Non-profit;
Other versions of this item:
- Barbara Luppi & Massimiliano Marzo & Antonello Scorcu, 2008. "Credit risk and Basel II: are nonprofit firms financially different?," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 199-203.
- B. Luppi & M. Marzo & E. Scorcu, 2007. "Credit risk and Basel II: Are non-profit firms financially different?," Working Papers 601, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-11-10 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2007-11-10 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2007-11-10 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-REG-2007-11-10 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2007-11-10 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Kornelius Kraft, 2007.
"Are credit ratings valuable information?,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 17(13), pages 1061-1070.
- Mario Quagliariello, 2007.
"Banks' riskiness over the business cycle: a panel analysis on Italian intermediaries,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 119-138.
- Mario Quagliariello, 2006. "BanksÂ’ Riskiness Over the Business Cicle: a Panel Analysis on Italian Intermediaries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 599, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Patuelli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.