Revealed Technological Advantage of the Finnish Industry
AbstractThis study analyzes trends in specialization of the Finnish industry since the 1980s. Low technology industries, such as pulp and paper, have had traditionally a large proportion of the Finnish industrial output. During the recent decades their share of output has decreased significantly and Finland has specialized more and more in high technology industries, especially in ICT. The pattern of the Finnish revealed technological advantage with focus on ICT, and pulp and paper technologies differs from the pattern of the revealed technological advantage of many other countries. Internationally compared Finland has some technological advantage also in special purpose machinery, such as papermaking machines, special purpose vessels, elevators and transfer equipments, and in basic metals.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series Discussion Papers with number 1210.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- N60 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-20 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.