Essay on Internationalisation Potential of Nortwest Russian and Finnish Energy Clusters
AbstractFinnish and Russian energy clusters widely use resources and competences of each other. They can be considered as a good example of broader phenomenon which is internationalisation of clusters. Though these clusters are on very different development stages their internationalisation ambitions, geographical proximity and complementary resources encourage them to cooperate closely, and the scale of this cooperation is predicted to grow. The article investigates the current status of the concrete energy clusters cooperation, summarises the main reasons, benefits and barriers for their cooperation, and imposes some theoretical and practical questions related to internationalisation of clusters in general.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series Discussion Papers with number 1078.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2007-03-31 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CSE-2007-03-31 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENE-2007-03-31 (Energy Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.